CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 13, 2008

Dessert Weekend

This weekend I made a birthday cake for my niece's 1st birthday! The party theme was polka dots. The cake turned out pretty cute. I wish I had made it taller, but it got too late for that.
The cupcake one was adorable. I should have just done all cupcakes.
Happy Birthday, Gwen!

On Friday night we went to the Millett's to have Korean food and watch Serenity. So I made a pie which turned out pretty good. I bought the crust, and it was Marie Callendars, but I thought it was too salty.

Serenity was a great movie! I definitely want to watch it again. Thanks for introducing me to Firefly, Brad! I am definitely a fan!

8 comments:

Missy said...

The cake was perfect, and so yummy! Thanks!

That pie looks really good, too!

Roberts Family said...

did you think the movie had any funny parts? Your pie looks yummy!

beth said...

Yes, I did actually think that it had funny parts. They aren't that funny, but there are some lines that we all laughed at.

Brad said...

The movie isn't quite as fun as the shows were, but I agree with Beth that were are some funny parts. I just wish they could have resolved more than one of the story lines that the shows started. Also, I didn't think the crust was too salty (but I am easily pacified when it comes to dessert). Thanks for coming up, we enjoyed having you guys, and if you really do want to watch the movie again I have a copy specially to loan out that you are welcome to.

Debra said...

You are such a great aunt! I love the cake! Was the fondant hard to work with.... it looks so very intimidating.

beth said...

I skipped the fondant and used Starbursts instead. It would have been a lot of work for a few little dots. And the Starbursts are already colored right!

Debra said...

Starbursts?! You are so clever! I would have never guessed, what a great idea.

Brand797 said...

Do you think if my husband was a chef, I could bake masterpieces like that?