CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 1, 2009

Chocolate Angel Pie

So at my house, this is really called Chocolate Mocha Pie, but I thought the Mocha would scare people away so I titled this post with the original recipe name. It really doesn't taste like coffee or else I wouldn't eat it. Instead, it tastes like rich, lucious heavenly chocolate with a crunchy meringue crust, and I always eat too much.

It's usually only made in December - once for my dad's birthday and once for Christmas Eve dinner. Since it didn't get made last December at all, Joe made some for my Dad (and a few other lucky souls) for Fathers' Day.

The recipe calls for making it in one 9" pie dish, but I loved Joe's alteration of individual slices and bites, with a big bowl of it for Dad.


The un-Joe-altered recipe can be found here.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I altered this recipe to a white chocolate key lime pie for Ray on Father's day. It needs some tweaking, but it was yummy!

Bri said...

Hey that is really smart to do that with the meringue! nice.
I call it Angel Dark Chocolate Pie. When I dont use mocha.

Lynn said...

Oh my word! That looks sooo yummy. I'm going to have to be this on my list of items to make, some day.