CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 18, 2007

Snow - Cold! Muffins - Warm!

It snowed today. Yes, it's April 18th, in Salt Lake City, and it snowed. It made me wish for something warm and sweet. So here is a recipe I modified for

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
15oz canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter - melted
6 ounces chocolate chips
Toasted Pecans (optional)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl - mix well. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add the pumpkin and the butter. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix gently, just to combine everything. Add chocolate chips and mix lightly until just combined. Divide into muffin cups; top with pecans if desired. Bake a 12 cup muffin pan for 20 to 25 minutes. Do not over bake. Test w/toothpick. They should still seem a little underdone when removed from the oven.

I'll see if I can post a picture when they come out of the oven. Since it makes more than 12 regular size muffins, I just put the extra in a mini loaf pan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, those look yummy!

Chels said...

I put this in my springpad a long time ago! I finally made them last week for breakfast. Dax and I think they are so yummy! It's a keeper recipe-- thanks so much for sharing.