CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 20, 2007

using up the peaches











I decided to make a peach tart. I saw that all those peaches we bought at the farmers market weren't going to last much longer, so I had to make another dessert...sigh... :)


First I made a crust of flour, ground pecans, butter, and water, and baked it for about 15 minutes.






The filling was cream cheese, sugar, and eggs. Then we (joe helped me - as usual) topped them with sliced peaches and nectarines.



You have to bake it again to cook the egg in the filling.


Then I topped it with a syrup of peach jam and couple slices of plum from my neighbor's tree.




These are not rich or too sweet, so I feel like I am being healthy when I eat this dessert!

4 comments:

The Parks Fam said...

YUMMM!! I want a bite of that sooooo bad! By the way I ran into Joe at Paradise Bakery the other day. It was fun to see him there, and I even got a discount!! It was great!

Missy said...

I love being your neighbor! And not just for the food, honest! :)

Ben said...

These were very delicious.

Stephenson and Katie said...

Your blog always makes me hungry!!